Thursday, March 20, 2008

new life

the sun is dazzlingly bright this morning. the sky is baby blue. there's a whisper of breeze dancing with the trees. the birds are singing an opera whose words are known only to them, but their meaning is clear. they believe spring has arrived. and i can feel the same hope creeping into my winter-weary soul. i'm ready to soak sun into my skin. and more than ever before, i'm feeling the desire to begin spring cleaning in our new home together. out with the old, in with the new! welcome color. welcome light. welcome spring. welcome new life. welcome Giver of new life.


maybe i can get rid of some of my spring cleaning discards here:

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love your post em, starts off sounding so poetic and then it jumps to hillbilly...I am still laughing! Pappy's looks like a place that we visit on our day trips to the mountains of southern VA!

Jenny said...

I, too, am feeling the urge to purge! I'll send my stuff your way and you can give it to Pappy!